Eureka! I've found the best burger in town.

If fast food commercials have taught us anything it's that nothing looks as good as advertised. That does not apply here. My snapshot of what is actually set on the table in front of patrons at Eureka! look just as delicious as their professional counterparts... And man... They taste even better than they look.

 Professional from their Facebook page: 
This is the Cowboy Burger, served with shoestring onion rings, bacon, cheddar and beer barbeque sauce. I know it sounds relatively simple, possibly similar to something you've tried before, but every single element of it is done to perfection and the combination makes you thank your lucky stars you're in Texas. This burger might be the best in Dallas.


After several visits, this is my go to order. It is a Bison Burger with bacon-infused jalapeño jam, charbroiled tri-color peppers, grilled red onion and smoked mozzarella. Hi, you had me at bacon-infused jalapeño jam. And it is mouth wateringly, oh my god, make you forget where you are, delicious. I ordered it naked, with no bun, and it came on a bed of arugula salad. Even the salad isn't a throw away, filler salad, the dressing is sharp and refreshing and it goes well with the rich flavors of the burger on top. If you are worried about the bison being dry and too healthy, don't. I couldn't tell a difference from their normal burger patties.
A french fry comparison. I don't want to be dramatic, but the sweet potato fries might my on my all time favorite french fry list. They are covered in honey and cinnamon and could easily take the place of dessert for your evening. They cut the salty and rich burgers perfectly giving you a break from the complex flavors. Their regular fries are fine. They're normal french fries and will curb your carb cravings (but you're eating a burger so... if you order anything other than the Honey Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries, you're just wrong).

This is the Fresno Fig Burger and it is served with fig marmalade, melted goat cheese, bacon, tomato, red onion, arugula and spicy porter mustard. It has goat cheese so yeah, it's good. The mustard ingredient made me a little nervous but it wasn't overly mustardy. The figs were rich and... well I guess I really like figs. It was really good, but once I had the Bison Burger, there was really just no going back. But I will say this: the Fresno Fig Burger is a solid order.
Eureka! touts a strong beer list with a lot of local and Texas beer options. I appreciate an extensive beer list, it's cool and trendy and supports smaller businesses. I still always go with a cocktail. Don't judge. Their cocktails are good, not the most amazing in the world but they're good. They have Sonic-like ice in them which makes them super cold and refreshing.

The burgers are excellent. The sweet potato fries are sweet, sticky and delicious. The atmosphere is dark and modern and the wait staff is funny and helpful. It's a pretty awesome combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment