Tuesday Toast: Blackberry Kir Cocktail



Maybe you're in need of a mid-week cocktail hour, maybe it's grocery shopping hour, I want to make sure you're prepared with the weekly Tuesday Toast. This week's recipe will transport you from smoldering Texas summers to breezy French cafes. The first time I sipped on a Blackberry Kir was in Paris, France on my post college graduation backpacking trip through Europe. I had the waitress to detail every ingredient in it so I would be able to recreate it in the states.

Right from the French waitress's mouth: a Blackberry Kir is a combination of sweet-tart blackberry liqueur and the elegant flavor of sparkling rose wine (I've also had it with some plain ol' white wine - still amazing).

  •     Pour 2 tsp. black currant liqueur (recommended: Creme de Cassis) into each champagne flute.
  •     Muddle blackberries or blend blackberries with the black current liqueur. Add to champagne flute.
  •     Top with sparkling rose. 
  •     VoilĂ ! One bottle of sparkling rose wine serves six people.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment