Weekend in Paris

What a relaxing weekend I had in Paris…. and it only took us two hours to get there! The number one thing on the list of things to do in Paris, Texas? See the Eiffel Tower... an Eiffel Tower equipped with a bright red cowboy hat, because, Texas. 
We set up a picnic in front of the Eiffel Tower with the picnic backpack I bought on Red Envelop. I love being outside, eating dinner on the ground, in a park, is better than at the kitchen table. This has been an outrageously good purchase.
When in front of the Eiffel Tower, you need heart shaped cheese, salami, crackers, berries, wine... and a view of that red cowboy hat. 
I would recommend taking a photo and cropping off the cowboy hat to see how many people on social media you can trick into thinking you’re really in France. I think we tricked a few people… (at least 32 people, Facebook will confirm)
Antiquing was shockingly fun. There are several shops that have taken antiques and repurposed them for a more modern look. Check out the newest addition to my apartment: a hanging bar made out of an old whiskey barrel. If you think you need some new furniture, this is the first spot to go. 
We stayed in the Magnolia House B&B, so old and adorable. The breakfast cooking was AMAZING. We told them I prefer to eat mostly gluten free and they made me the most amazing breakfast ever.
Paris, TX has an annual wine festival on April, 11, 2015. The Magnolia House ladies totally talked me into it, we'll be back. I love visiting smaller towns around Texas. When I lived in Louisiana, I went to every silly festival around and it was a blast. Let me know if you have any recommendations on places to visit next!

No comments:

Post a Comment